Scrap Cars For Cash is dedicated to protecting and respecting your privacy.
www.scrapcars-forcash.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
www.scrapcars-forcash.com may change this policy from time to time by updating this document and you should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 30th November 2018.
Information We May Collect
In order to use our service effectively we require certain details from our users which enable us to retrieve quotes for their vehicle. The following are details which we may collect from users and when, when they use our service:
- The details which are provided to us when forms on our website: www.scrapcars-forcash.com are completed. This includes, but is not limited to, information given on a vehicle when they wish to retrieve a quote, when they subscribe to our mailing list, both online and offline, and/or when they request further services.
- If a user contacts us, we may keep a record of that correspondence together with their name, address and phone number for future reference.
- We may occasionally ask users of our service to complete surveys which we use for research purposes. However, these are not required, and users do not have to respond to this request.
What We Do With The Information We Have Collected
We only collect information from our users when it is absolutely necessary. The information that we have collected will be used in one of the following ways:
- To ensure that the content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for our users and their computer.
- To improve our products and services. We strive to always provide a professional and satisfactory service. To achieve this, customer feedback is important in maintaining our high standard so, sometimes we contact customers after they have used our products or services to gather feedback on their experience with us.
- To carry out obligations which arise from us entering into any contracts with a user.
- To enable a user to participate in the interactive features of our service, when they choose to do so.
- To notify a user about changes to our products or services.
- To provide users with information, products or services that they request from us or which we feel may be of interest to them.
When we need to communicate with users, we will do this by email, post, telephone or SMS text message. We may contact existing customers, with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of their previous sale.
If a user has any communication preferences or does not want us to use their data in a particular way, then they can get in contact on 08443 761 020 with their request.
Where Your Personal Data Is Stored
Any information that has been provided to us is stored on one of our secure servers. In instances where a user has been given, or has chosen to have, a password which enables them to have access to certain parts of our website, they are responsible for keeping this password and the contents of their access, confidential. We ask that any user with a password does not share it with anyone.
We will always do our utmost to protect personal data but unfortunately, in this day and age, the transmission of information via the internet is not always a completely secure process and because of this any transmission is done at a user’s own risk. As a result of the aforementioned we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our site. We can only reassure that and once we have received the information, strict procedures and security measures are in place to prevent unauthorised access to a user’s data.
- Enables our service to recognise a user’s device so that they don’t have to provide the same information several times during the same task.
- Recognise that a user may already have provided a username and password so that they don’t need to fill it out for every web page loaded.
- Measure how many people are using our services, so that we can increase our load speed and ensure that our site and features are always running at optimal speeds.
How To Control And Delete Cookies
Embed Social Web Content
In addition to embedding content from social media, we also embed ‘share’ buttons for a variety of social platforms. These buttons are designed to enable our users to easily share the articles with their peers. As mentioned previously these websites may set a cookie when this function is used but unfortunately, we do not have control over this. For more information on those cookies, you should visit the respective websites.
Track Web Analytics
In order to better understand our users and help improve our service we use third party services to gather data on the usage of our website. This is done on our behalf through the usage of log file data, cookies and code which are embedded on our website.
The main web analytic provider we use is Google Analytics, which is a service provider provided by Google Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie which evaluates a visitor’s use of our site. This information is used to help us better understand the experience of using our website from our user’s point of view. For example, do users have to extensively search for information or is it clearly laid out? Is the site used more on a particular device? Are all pages of the site used? In addition to this it will also measure our audience demographic.
By using our website, you are consenting to Google processing your data in the manner and for the purposes set out above. The information which Google collects is stored securely on their servers in the United States. If required by law Google may also transfer this information to a third party or the information may be processed by a third party on Google’s behalf. Please note that Google do not collect any information which could personally identify a user and will not associate an IP address with any other data that Google holds. For more information on the cookies which Google Analytics uses and information on how to opt out of these go to http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html.
Details Of The Cookies We Use
Cookie Name: __utma.
Expires: 2 years.
This cookie is used by Google Analytics to track unique users and it works by providing a unique ID via the __utma cookie each time a unique browser visits a website. This cookie tracks the number of times that a person has visited a website, and the last time that they did so. This helps Analytics to calculate the amount of time and visits it takes to convert a user.
Cookie Name: __utmb.
Expires: 30 minutes.
Google Analytics uses this cookie to help calculate how long a user visits for. The __utmb cookie creates a timestamp at the exact moment a visitor enters a site.
Cookie Name: __utmc.
Expires: 30 minutes after the end of a session.
Google Analytics uses this cookie to help calculate how long a visit takes and it does this by timestamping the moment a user leaves the site. The cookie has no way of knowing when a user has left the site so it will await another pageview, and if this doesn’t happen after 30 minutes the cookie will expire.
Cookie Name: __utmz.
Expires: 6 months.
This cookie is used to track where visitors have come from and how they got to a website. It does this by recording the search term used to bring a user to a website including keywords, where in the world the site was accessed from and which link was clicked on to direct them to the site.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us on 08443 761 020.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR). A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact us on 08443 761 020.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
By using our website you are agreeing to our Privacy and Cookie Policies.